The Countdown Begins
Today was a great day to meet new people excited about changing their lives. We met 14 eager "shredders." They attended our launch seminar and got the run-down on the 21-Day Shred. The goal for 21 days is to stick to the meal plan and attend 3-5 workouts per week to drop fat and gain muscle. Coach Ed dropped some knowledge on the nitty gritty details of what to expect.
Here's a recap:
1) We have to start by saying thank you. Attention is today's biggest currency (thanks Gary Vaynerchuk). It's an honor and a mega responsibility working with people who are interested in what we provide. We don't take this lightly, and it was obvious because Coach Ed killed today's presentation.
2) There's new light being shed on what the most effective forms of training are. Traditional 30-60 minute stints on the treadmill are ineffective. Resistance training a.k.a. lifting weights, is the new King of the fitness pyramid. Raising your metabolism for 36 hours after the workout is over burns calories long after the elliptical is back to 0.
3) Movement screening and corrective exercises set the stage for true movement restoration. RD uses the Functional Movement Screen to determine appropriate exercise selection for the individual. Corrective exercises bridge the gap between screening, mobility work (foam rolling) and exercise.
4) Group support is key. The 21-Day Shred gives the participants a shared experience. Everyone will go through struggles, and having the other shredders to lean on for advice is encouraging. Not being alone is a big part of what sets RD apart from any other facility.
5) Following the meal plan and hammering down nutrition is key. Every calorie and macronutrient (protein, carb and fat) are thoughtfully planned out. Executing our advice and following the meal plan will yield excellent Results as we saw during our Memorial Day Meltdown.
The next 4 weeks are going to be exciting! Jump on the band-wagon and join RD for 21-days. Click the button below to sign up!