Why do we think meal prepping is a big scary monster?
Do we think it’s a task too daunting to accomplish; something only “serious” fitness virtuosos do?
Food planning is only as difficult as we make it. Finding simple meal prepping strategies can make changing our nutrition an easier pill to swallow. Here are a few places to start!
why is meal prepping important?
1) Being prepared ahead of time with reasonable foods means we’re less likely to indulge in less beneficial choices that we may feel guilty about later.
2) Planning can also relieve some of the anxiety we may get when we have to choose something to eat on the spot, whether it be at home, a party or at a restaurant.
3) Having food prepared makes it more likely we’re going to eat more frequently. Since it’s ready to eat, the barrier is removed when we think, “What should I eat?”
how do we defeat the Meal Prep Monster?
1) Take fifteen minutes to sit down and plan for the week. Check schedules, see which days are going to be more difficult to cook, and have food ready for those busy times.
2) Prepare the food. We recommended bulk food prep, making a few days worth of food in one sitting. If you’re more of a daily cooker, that works too, as long as it doesn’t lead to more stress having to cook every day.
3) If you get take food out during the week, plan ahead there too! Look at local menus to plan those yummy choices ahead of time is a good idea. Being prepared is being prepared. By checking out the menu, you’re deciding to make more healthy choices. You win!
Anyone can tame that voice inside that says “Meal prepping is not for me!” with a few simple tricks and some good recipes! We can bring our nutrition (and fitness) goals closer to home by a little organization and planning.
Try Some of These Resources:
RD BLENDS NUTRITION AND FITNESS TO GET PEOPLE RESULTS!
JOIN OUR 6-WEEK SUPER U! PROGRAM TO LEARN HOW!