When we talk about secret sauce, we're not talking about McDonalds.
Carries are the secret sauce to any fitness regiment. Almost anyone can do them and there's a broad menu of carries to choose from. Pictured above is the Goblet Carry. This is a helpful carry to learn because the goblet position (object in front of the heart) is a comfortable place to hold a weight while strength training.
To find the goblet position:
1) Hold a kettlebell "by the horns" (the section of the handle where it meets the round part of the bell).
2) Keep the elbows tight to the body and the bell in front of the heart.
3) Hold the bell a few inches from your chest and don't let the weight pull your shoulders forward. Keep them wide.
4) Find the connection between your ribs and hips. It's normal to want to lean back to counter-balance the weight. Instead, take a deep breath and brace your core.
5) Stay tall, shoulders wide. Reach the top of your head for the sky like someone is pulling you towards the ceiling. Then, go for a walk.
Besides engraining the goblet position, this carry will give you a nice burn to your core, arms and back. Remember, stay tall, breathe and keep the ribs connected to the hips.